"Active for Autism!"
Active Interactive Program
The Active interactive program focuses on the wellness of the child specifically for children, young persons and adults with Autism and other related neurological deficits such as Prader Willi Syndrome that are deemed to be morbidly obese, the success so far has been phenomenal.
Active Autism has a history of working closely with Local Authority departments such as Social Services and Child protection as well as the NHS to tackle the complexity of making substantial changes in these children and young adults.
Who Can Have Access To The Active Interactive Programmes?
These programmes are suitable for any family who wishes to learn how to coach appropriate behaviours, including but not limited to:
- Child Protection services
Other related services
Who Have The Active Interactive Programs Been Advantageous To?
- Families who are on the child protection list and want to be removed.
- Families who find it difficult to manage dietary needs of the child due to behavior or severity of the condition
- Families that find it difficult to inspire directed movement with their child
- Families and Professionals that have used the service as a preventative measure for the future.
What Do We Focus On?
- First and foremost we will make sure that we do a detailed ‘wellness assessment’ in one of our partnership clubs.
- Assess the basic and complex needs of the child and family
- Evaluate the past and current family environment, culture and goals.
Work closely with other medical professionals that are involved.
- Work closely with the school that the child attends.
Consultant, designated Coaches and families will be trained to ensure that maintenance and sustainability will be upheld for the long term.
- Private Hospitals